Job vacancy No. 20210707
The GWDG is seeking a
HPC Training Expert (m/f/d)
to join an interdisciplinary team of HPC experts in the working group “eScience” (AG E) with a regular working week of 39 hours. Remuneration is in accordance with the collective agreement for the German public service (federal government); depending on qualifications, the position will be graded up to pay grade E13. The position is suitable for part-time work and initially limited to two years. The GWDG strives for long-term cooperation. If interested, there is the possibility of a doctorate.
Overview GWDG and subject area
The Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG) is the university computing center for the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen and a computing and IT competence center for the Max Planck Society. The provision of high-performance HPC systems has been one of its tasks for over 40 years. In 2020, the University of Göttingen / GWDG was accepted as one of eight computing centers in the National High Performance Computing (NHR) network. The GWDG operates the HLRN-IV system “Emmy”, one of the most powerful computers in the world.
With its offer and its consulting and research activities in the field of high-performance computing, the University of Göttingen / GWDG is at the interface of various communities, such as the HPC network Gauß-Allianz, the Max Planck Society, the competence networks in the group National High Performance Computing (NHR) and the German Aerospace Center (DLR). The efficient training of HPC users is the key for users to be able to do science and therefore an integral part of the HPC service offer for us.
To strengthen our high-performance computing team, we are looking for committed employees with a proven interest in the challenges of high-performance computing. Would you like to contribute to the further development of the training offer at our HPC location and the NHR network? Then apply!
Responsibilities in our team are in particular as follows:
- Organization of workshops, training courses and courses on HPC competencies
- Development of training materials, workshops and courses
- Further development of the HPC certification program and the end user documentation
- Research on the subject of "HPC teaching", for example the efficiency of training methods, is welcome
- Advice on the efficient use of the available computing and storage resources
- Participation in the continuous further development of the training activities at the site in the network
- Contributions to PR work, e.g. presentations at the University of Göttingen / GWDG in the context of events, conferences and meetings
- University degree or comparable qualification with relevant professional experience
- Good analytical thinking
- Independent, structured and systematic way of working
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Open-minded in dealing with a wide variety of user groups and scientific disciplines
- Very good written and spoken German and English
- Practical experience in the area of high-performance computing (area of application and/or administration)
- Experience with the organizations, associations and networks in the German/European HPC landscape
- Flexible working hours and opportunity for mobile working
- A modern, diverse, and exceptional work environment with close proximity to academia and research at the intersection of several innovative technology sectors
- An interesting, versatile job in a large, internationally operating IT competence center
- Collaboration in a competent and committed team
- Qualification and further development of your skills
- Social benefits of the public sector
The GWDG strives for gender equity and diversity and therefore welcomes applications from any background. The GWDG strives to employ more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are expressly encouraged.
Have we aroused your interest? Then please send us your application by 23.09.2021 via our online form.