Job vacancy No. 20210309
The GWDG is looking for
HPC experts (m/f/d) with experience in one or more of the areas of applications, operations, and methodology
to join the High-Performance Computing team of the “eScience” working group (AG E) as soon as possible. The regular working time is 39 hours per week. Remuneration is in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (federal government); depending on qualifications, grouping is provided up to pay group TVöD E 13, and up to TVöD E14 in the case of special qualification. The positions are initially limited in time. The GWDG strives for a long-term cooperation. If interested, there is the possibility of a doctorate.
The Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG) is a joint institution of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen Foundation under Public Law and the Max Planck Society. It fulfills the function of a computing and IT competence center for the Max Planck Society and the university computing center for the University of Göttingen. Its scientific research tasks are in the field of applied computer science. It also promotes the training of specialists in information technology.
In 2020, the University of Göttingen and the GWDG were accepted as one of eight computing centers in the National High Performance Computing (NHR) network and operates the HLRN-IV system “Emmy”, one of the 50 most powerful computers in the world.
To strengthen our high-performance computing team, we are looking for dedicated staff with a demonstrated interest in the challenges of high-performance computing. Would you like to contribute to the further development of our HPC site and the NHR network, optimize the performance of scientific applications and systems, or establish new research topics in the Göttingen HPC environment? Then apply!
- Consulting on the efficient use of available computing and storage resources
- Conducting own research projects
- Contributing to the administration and continuous development of HPC services and their infrastructure
- Perform fault and performance analysis of scientific applications and contribute to their optimization
- Analysis of system usage to identify optimization and development potentials of HPC systems
- Regular participation in workshops and trainings
- Completed university studies or comparable qualification with relevant work experience
- Good analytical thinking skills
- Independent, structured and systematic working style
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of German or the willingness to learn German
Due to the focus of our center in the NHR network, we are especially looking for candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- HPC use in Life Sciences, Digital Humanities, Earth System Sciences, and Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Virtualization, container solutions, software deployment, Big Data and AI systems, IO and storage systems for HPC
- Administration of HPC clusters or other Linux server farms and efficient use of HPC systems
- Management of scientific or developer communities.
- Flexible working hours and opportunity for mobile working
- A modern, diverse, and exceptional work environment with close proximity to academia and research at the intersection of several innovative technology sectors
- An interesting, versatile job in a large, internationally operating IT competence center
- Collaboration in a competent and committed team
- Qualification and further development of your skills
- Social benefits customary in the public sector, such as a company pension with additional benefits for reduced earning capacity and surviving dependents
The GWDG strives for gender equity and diversity and therefore welcomes applications from any background. The GWDG strives to employ more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are expressly encouraged.
Have we aroused your interest? Then please send us your application via our online form.