The following English translation of the “Nutzungsordnung der GWDG” is for information purposes only. Only the German version is legally binding.
For the sake of easier reading, the masculine form will be used consistently throughout this document, whilst it is to be explicitly interpreted as including the female form.
Article 1 Scope
Article 2 Legal Status, Organisation and Functions of the GWDG
(1) The GWDG is a shared corporate facility of the Georg-August-University Göttingen and the non-profit Max Planck Society (Max-Planck Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften e. V.). It fulfils the function of a joint computing and IT competence centre for the Max Planck Society (MPG) and the IT centre for the University of Göttingen. Its scientific research tasks are nested in the area of applied computer sciences. Moreover, the GWDG promotes the training of specialised staff for information technology.
(2) The GWDG's organisation and responsibilities are laid down in the partnership agreement and the guidelines governing the Centre's work. The responsibilities of the GWDG as the university computing centre for the University of Göttingen are laid down in a separate agreement.
Article 3 User Authorisation and Permission to Use
(1) The following parties may be authorised to use the services provided by the GWDG
- Staff, members, associates, students and affiliated institutions including the administration of the University of Göttingen and the Max-Planck Society;
- Authorised representatives