Professor Dr. Ramin Yahyapour
Since October 2011 Professor Dr. Ramin Yahyapour is managing director of GWDG, a joint compute and IT competence center of the university and the Max Planck Society. At the same time, he became full professor for Practical Computer Science at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen. Before, he was Professor at the Technische Universität Dortmund, director of the IT & Media Center, and CIO of the university.
Professor Yahyapour holds a doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering. His research focus is on efficient resource management and its application on service-oriented infrastructures, clouds, and data management.
Professor Yahyapour was and is active in several national and international research projects. He was e.g. scientific coordinator of the FP7 integrated project SLA@SOI or executive member of the CoreGRID Network of Excellence. Professor Yahyapour serves regularly as reviewer for funding agencies and consultant for IT organizations. He is organizer and program committee member of several conferences and workshops as well as reviewer for multiple journals.
|since 2014||Member of the administrative board of the DFN association|
|since 2014||Member of the council for information infrastructures of the Joint Science Conference (Rat für Informationsinfrastrukturen der Gemeinsamen Wissenschaftskonferenz)|
|since 2014||Chief Information Officer of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen and Universitätsmedizin Göttingen|
|since 2012||IT commission of the German Science Foundation (DFG) and speaker of the network commission|
|since 2011||Full Professor, Chair for Practical Computer Science, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, and Speaker of the Centre of Applied Computer Science, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen|
|since 2011||Managing Director of the GWDG, Göttingen|
|2009 – 2011||Leader of the Chief Information Officer of Technische Universität Dortmund|
|2009 – 2011||Full Professor, Chair of Applied Informatics, Technische Universität Dortmund|
|2008 – 2011||Scientific Coordinator FP7 Project SLA@SOI|
|2007 – 2011||Director IT and Media Center, Technische Universität Dortmund|
|2004 – 2008||Institute Leader and Steering member CoreGRID Network of Excellence|
|2003 – 2007||Senior Researcher/Assistant Professor|
|2002||PhD in Electrical Engineering, Technische Universität Dortmund|
|before||Studies in Electrical and Information Engineering, Technische Universität Dortmund|
- Distributed service infrastructures
- Management of research data
- High Performance Computing
- Resource management and scheduling
Professor Yahyapour´s lectures focus on parallel processing systems, service computing, distributed systems, cloud computing, and eScience.
More information about Professor Yahyapour’s lectures and seminars at Georg-August-Universität Göttingen can be found under Teaching.
- Kienfar, Kaman, Moslehi, Ghasem, Yahyapour, Ramin, A novel methaheuristic algorithm and utility funcetion for QoS based scheduling in user centric grid systems, in: Journal of Supercomputing 01/2015, DOI:10.1007/s11227-014-1358-8
- Yaqub, Edwin, Yahyapour, Ramin, Wieder, Philipp, Kotsokalis, Constantinos, Lu, Kuan and Ali Imran Jehangiri, Ali Imran, Optimal Negotiation of Service Level Agreements for Cloud-based Services through Autonomous Agents, In: 11th IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (IEEE SCC 2014), IEEE Computer Society (accepted)
- Azodolmolky, Siamak, Nordal Petersen, Martin, Manolova Fagertun, Anna, Wieder, Philipp , Ruepp, Sarah Renée, and Yahyapour, Ramin, SONEP: A Software-Defined Optical Network Emulation Platform In: Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Optical Network Design and Modeling – ONDM 2014. IEEE, (accepted)
- Azodolmolky, Siamak, Wieder, Philipp and Yahyapour, , SDN-based Cloud Computing Networking, in: 15th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON)
- Jehangiri, Ali Imran, Yaqub, Edwin and Yahyapour, Ramin, Practical Aspects for Effective Monitoring of SLAs in Cloud Computing and Virtual Platforms, in: 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science (CLOSER), pp. 447-454.
Futher Publication are available at ResearchGate.