You want a database but do not have the necessary technical prerequisites in your institute. You lack either the hardware or the appropriate resources for the operation.
We offer you the opportunity of the hosting of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases at the GWDG. By request, we also host Oracle databases for you. For the operation of the databases you can use our database service. Your MySQL databases will be kept redundantly on different servers. Your PostgreSQL databases runs on a Server in the VMware Cluster.
Preconditions For Use
The network to which access can be made must be specified and activated. On the user side a MySQL or PostgreSQL client or application software with integrated database driver must be available. Alternatively you can choose a web-based access via phpMyAdmin or respectively phpPgAdmin.
How To Use
- Quick access to all databases.
- High reliability and availability
- Access to the databases possible via web interface
- Automatic generation of backups of all databases
- Server backup on a regular basis by our backup system using TSM
- Access security via IP limitation – Central monitoring by the GWDG