E-Mail-Service (MS Exchange 2016)
You expect a trouble-free and uninterrupted e-mail server operation which reliably delivers your designated e-mails to your inbox. Spam and e-mails with viruses will be filtered out and do not clutter your inbox. You need sophisticated groupware and calendar functionalities.
Use our messaging and groupware system based on the renowned Microsoft Exchange 2016. We provide messaging, calendar and addressbook functionalities accross multiple platforms. E-mails are automatically filtered as spam or viruses. Access to the inboxes is possible with all the common e-mail programs as with a browser via the WWW.
Your data is stored on premise in our data centres. We will also assist you with the migration of your current mail system to our Exchange platform.
Preconditions For Use
The service is available to all Max Planck Institutes and the University of Göttingen. Setting up the service can take place any time after consultation with the responsible IT person in your institute. A mixed operation with local mail servers in the institute and central server at GWDG for some of your users can also be implemented.
How To Use
- You get a reliable and high availability e-mail and groupware service.
- Supports groupware features like organisation of appointments, tasks and address lists not only for individual users but also for groups, syncing contacts and calendars between devices.
- Numerous e-mail clients are supported: amongst others Outlook, Apple Mail and common smartphones.
- Your user account has 15 GByte default capacity, which can be increased if requested.
- Spam and virus-infected e-mails are filtered.
- You can access your e-mails conveniently and easily from anywhere on the Internet.
- Your incoming e-mails and their attachments are easy to find.
- You do not require your own e-mail server system saving costs and human resources.