Single Sign-on (SSO) /Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure (AAI)
You would like to use online services offered by the University of Göttingen, the GWDG, or the DFN or the eduGAIN Federation via Single Sign-on. For this purpose, users should be able to use the familiar credentials of your institute. You may also want to provide your institute‘s web services to certain groups of users (e.g. staff or guest scientists) without the need for additional user administration.
We provide access to desired services via an Identity Provider (IdP) based on our identity management system. We can support you in connecting your services to the AAI structures of both the GWDG and the University of Göttingen. As your contact partner for the DFN Federation, we will gladly assist you in integrating your own services into the AAI.
Preconditions For Use
Depending on your individual use case, different preconditions have to be met. Please contact us to make an appointment for a personal consultation.
How To Use
- Single Sign-on for online services with familiar credentials of your institute
- Technical support for the installation and configuration of AAI components (identity/service providers)
- All AAI components are based on proven technologies (SAML, Shibboleth, OpenID Connect).
- Fast and easy access to shared resources of Max Planck Institutes, the University of Göttingen and GWDG services, e.g. ownCloud, GitLab or ShareLatex
- Easy delivery of IT services or resources to other Max Planck Institutes or research facilities
- Easy and flexible access to the comprehensive web services in the DFN-, eduGAIN- and MPG-AAI as well as the Max (see also the IAM service)