You would like to secure your web server so that it is suitable for confidential data. Your users would like to send signed e-mails or confidential information by means of encrypted e-mails. You would like to sign documents or java code.
In cooperation with the DFN, we offer a public key infrastructure (PKI) as the key component of a comprehensive security concept. With this PKI we offer you appropriate services for security issues in communication.
Preconditions For Use
For issuing certificates the applicant can appear personally at GWDG or a local registration authority (RA) is required. A RA can be initiated at the request of the institute directors. For the establishment of a RA an initial contact to GWDG is required.
How To Use
- Certificate according to X.509 standard with which
- to sign/encrypt e-mails,
- to sign documents and program code/Office macros and
- to secure web, e-mail and other server systems per SSL/TLS – Own RA for the institute in MPG-CA respectively Uni-Goettingen-CA
- For the RA operation you only need
- one or two people and
- a Java based RA interface.
- With a RA for your institute if required you can issue certificates for your users and servers autonomously.