You want to keep the macOS devices of your employees up-to-date and secure, without having to take care of the system maintenance, provide certain software packages and/or preconfigure system settings on the macOS devices for your institute. You want a central software distribution of apps to the macOS and iOS devices of your institute. Your iOS devices should be configured and installed with Zero Touch when switched on.
We offer you a central management of your macOS and iOS devices including extensive and group-based expandable self-service, device-based software distribution, where your institute is the owner of the apps and Zero Touch Deployment through the use of the Device Enrolment Program. In addition we offer the provision and installation of configuration profiles, a central overview of the devices in your institutes incl. system overview and the possibility of purchasing apps through Apple‘s Volume Purchase Program with high educational discounts.
Preconditions For Use
Connection to the Identity Management of the GWDG
How To Use
- Automatic and prompt updates of the software
- Remote support possible (only with explicit consent)
- Monitoring of hardware functionality (e.g. hard drives, memory, etc.)
- Addition and/or deactivation of specific services and functions based on your needs
- Increase security through policy-based prevention of non-authorized and potential malware
- Deployment of ready-to-use software packages through our Self-Service App. No administrative privileges are required hereby for the user
- Self-Service packages can be customized to fit the needs of individual groups within an institution
- Local administrators can manage their institute´s devices.