You want simple and centralized management of your Windows computers to increase IT security while significantly reducing administrative overhead. You want to provide central services and resources for your employees. You need access to GWDG resources such as SharePoint, file service or printers. You want to make your working environment more user-friendly.
We will be happy to advise you on connecting your institute to the GWDG Active Directory, create concepts for the central supply of your systems, e.g. with operating system updates or Sophos anti-virus software, and work with you to create individual group policies for your work area. We will show you how to make your environments user-friendly with serverstored profiles and login scripts. We use Active Directory to set up central services within your network or provide you with central GWDG services.
Preconditions For Use
Computer with a current Windows operating system and a valid GWDG account.
How To Use
- Many years of practical experience in designing and building an Active Directory
- Training your IT staff by actively participating in the development of a concept and the setting up of an Active Directory in your institute
- Connection to central services such as the Windows printing service or the Sophos Enterprise Console
- More satisfied employees by maintaining the desktop even when changing computers and automated connection to network drives and printers, which at the same time enables a fast change of hardware at the workplace.
- Authentication and authorization for the use of central GWDG services such as SharePoint and Exchange
- As central user administration also suitable for Mac and UNIX derivatives.