You want to use WLAN at several thousand locations in over 100 countries worldwide and offer both your employees and your guests eduroam access.
eduroam provides registered users a WPA2-enterprise encrypted, secure access to research oriented networks without additional registration.This applies not only to your particular institution, but also to all participating institutions worldwide. We support you in integrating your user accounts into the eduroam network. You can make use of our authentication server or our configuration examples. We would also be happy to create an eduroam “configuration Assistant Tool” for you so that your users can easily connect to eduroam WLAN.
Preconditions For Use
You need to run a central user directory service (e.g. LDAP or Active Directory) and have to provide wireless infrastructure that supports WPA2-Enterprise (most do).
How To Use
- All employees of your institute can use their own account to join eduroam at all participating facilities.
- Free wireless Internet without a guest account or reconfiguration
- Free WLAN access without a guest account or reconfiguration in a steadily increasing number of public places and non-university facilities such as restaurants, hotels and airports in Sweden and downtown Tokyo.
- eduroam users will not be confronted with any annoying front pages and are not forced to agree to any terms and conditions from WLAN service providers they do not know.
- WPA2-enterprise encrypted, secure and privacy compliant access to the science network
- Simple eduroam setup on many different end devices (e.g. PCs, MACs, Smartphones, Tablets, Chromebooks) with the „eduroam CAT-Tool“.
- On request we can also provide a pre-configured CAT tool for your institution so that your users must only enter their credentials on their end devices.