You want to make sure that your IT environment is up-to-date and secure. Your colleagues do not want to spend lots of time for installation and configuration tasks on their computers. Using IT infrastructure should be convenient and easy, and personal data should be backed up daily. Furthermore, you need a detailed overview and some central manageability of your workstations.
Implementation of centrally managed security guidelines based on group policies. Automated software distribution by group policies or, alternatively, the baramundi management suite. Policy-based distribution of MS Windows operating system updates and MS Office. Centralized installation, configuration, and monitoring of Sophos Anti-Virus software. Automatic script-based connections to printers with installation of printer drivers. Generating statistics of print jobs when needed. Daily backups of user files and individual computer settings. Easy transition to new hardware with roaming profiles.
Preconditions For Use
Connection to the Active Directory
How To Use
- By participating in the GWDG Active Directory, central administration of IT systems is possible. This helps you to get information about all your systems at a single place.
- Security-related computer configuration can be enforced centrally by group policies.
- Automatic group policy-controlled connection of printers and drives as well as automatic installation of printer drivers avoid time-consuming manual activities and simplifies handling for everyone.
- Central backups help to prevent loss of important scientific and personal data.
- IT workplace environments transparently move with your employees from Active Directory workstation to Active Directory workstation by so-called roaming profiles. This makes life significantly easier.