Academic teaching in the fields of computer science is a focus of our work. For this reason, we are actively involved in the education of students in many ways. The GWDG currently has three research groups whose teaching activities are anchored at the Institute of Computer Science at the University of Göttingen and whose teaching content is part of various degree programmes:
- Practical Computer Science (Research Group Professor Dr. Ramin Yahyapour).
- Data Science Infrastructures (Research Group Professor Dr. Philipp Wieder)
- High-Performance Storage (Research Group Professor Dr. Julian Kunkel)
We cooperate closely in teaching with various institutions on the Göttingen Campus. Among others
- Campus Institute for Data Science (CIDAS)
- Center for Computational Sciences
- Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH)
And we regularly offer interested students topics for theses and doctorates. In many cases, the topics are suitable for research-based learning and practical applications.