You want fast access to a vast selection of Open Source software, centralized in one place. You need handbooks, software manuals, or listings from computer journals. You want to keep your Linux or FreeBSD installation up-to-date with reliable access to updates.
Since 1992 the GWDG provides one of the most prominent FTP Servers worldwide with powerful resources and fast network connectivity. It is the main mirror for many Open Source projects.
Preconditions For Use
The FTP Server can be used by any user. Users within the GÖNET reach the service locally and therefore get the best possible performance.
How To Use
- Vast selection (65 TByte) of Open Source software, available worldwide
- Especially fast within the GÖNET
- Most recent software, including current updates for the most common Linux distributions
- Efficiently searchable through locatedb
- All common protocols (http, ftp, rsync, and nfs) can be used for access.