You need dynamic, scalable and flexible computing resources that you can manage in self-service and adapt individually to your needs. You don't want to worry about the operation of the IT infrastructure and want to focus on your operating system and application. You expect a modern IT infrastructure and secure data management without the usual maintenance effort.
With Openstack, the GWDG operates its own dynamic, secure and scalable cloud infrastructure. In addition to the standard Infrastructure as a Service functionality (compute, network, data storage), additional components provide orchestration and service management, etc. You can manage your pool of cloud resources via a dashboard (https://cloud.gwdg.de) or the APIs.
Preconditions For Use
Every user with an account of the Max Planck Society or the University of Göttingen and users of a participating university of the Academic Cloud can apply for an activation for the service "GWDG Cloud Server" at email@example.com.
After activation, you can login on the dashboard (https://cloud.gwdg.de) via SSO/AcademicID.
How To Use
- Provide powerful and dynamic computing resources which fit your needs
- Quick and individual access to computing resources for research and teaching
- Secure data storage through integration with the storage infrastructure at GWDG
- Complete self-service for the management of virtual machines, network and storage via the Web GUI and API
- Guaranteed quality of service according to your wishes
- Controlled pricing depending on your usage profile
- Individual advice based on your requirements