You want to host your own web site for a project or institute, but you lack the necessary technical prerequisites at your institute.
We offer you virtual web servers at GWDG. Using a LAMP environment you can create your own web site. Making use of the concept of name-based virtual web servers from Apache the URLs of the server can use names from your institute’s domain name space although in reality they are running at a server operated by us.
Preconditions For Use
To operate a virtual web server at GWDG it is only required to have a GWDG account.
How To Use
- Backup of all data on regular basis by our backup systems with TSM
- Provision, operation and maintenance of the hardware and network infrastructure
- Simple SFTP access to data
- System administration and maintenance (operating systems and central software components) through the GWDG
- Central monitoring through the GWDG
- Own domain possible
- Opportunity of encryption of the virtual web server with SSL on the basis of the GWDG-CA issued certificate
- For the use of wikis a maintained solution is available.