The eLabour project aims to build a virtual research environment for re-using existing social science data for qualitative research. In the focus are study data from the last 40 years with the focus on production and working contours since the end of "Fordism". For this, the rich data treasures of the participating institutes will serve as a base for cross-sectional qualitative analysis using digital tools. The effort includes empirical studies from more than 40 years and has the goal on developing industrial sociological research with IT-based methods. In interdisciplinary working groups the project members develop and test an appropriate research infrastructure and from IT-based methods for secondary analysis of qualitative data.
GWDG’s Role in the Project
GWDG is involved in two areas in the project:
- Research data platform and repository
For storing digital research data, a central platform is provided as a repository. This repository will serve as a data source for digital research tools and the project's own search engine. For this, the software uses GWDG CDSTAR® as a central data hub. The platform in this case also restricts the access permissions. As a central component in the eLabour infrastructure DCSTAR is of central importance.
- Anonymization, pseudonymization and Data Masking
eLabour provides scientists access to a large inventory of research data from previously conducted studs. These study data were usually collected with questionnaires and interviews in industries companies. To protect the privacy rights of the persons mentioned, the GWDG develops techniques and software for data masking and improved data protection using latest big data technology.
BMBF, Grant Agreement No 01UG1512D
- Soziologisches Forschungsinstitut Göttingen e.V. (SOFI Göttingen)
- Datenservicezentrum Betriebs- und Organisationsdaten an der Universität Bielefeld (DSZ-BO)
- Forschungszentrum L3S, Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Institut für Soziologie Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
- Institut für Sozialwissenschaftliche Forschung München e.V. (ISF München)
- Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen (SUB)
- Sozialforschungsstelle Dortmund, ZWE der TU Dortmund (sfs Dortmund)